Saturday, September 24, 2005

String Theory

Its been quite some time now,since I last blogged.Thanks to the hectic schedule at work and also for the fact, that nothing interesting happened after the rest room mania.Well,I have something to write now.

I really wish I could write something about the actual
string theory.But,I am not qualified enough to talk about that.The strings I am referring to are those of a GUItar.If you are wondering why I have written guitar in that particular fashion,its on the lines of a tool in linux.That is also called guitar, meaning, its a GUI for the "tar" command.An intelligent way of naming software.And,I am not far behind either when it comes to naming them,as 022 affirms.

Life was getting too monotonous and I thought something must be done about it.After contemplating on the different avenues that I had (actually,I could think of none), I zeroed in on,what else, but music.I decided that I must learn some instrument.Given my singing prowess, I would have a started a new genre of music had I opted for vocal.But then,whats the point if the audience is not erudite enough to understand what I am singing.So, decided against it.

Then came the question of selecting an instrument.Actually,I was not particular about anything.In fact,I have liked all the instruments that I have heard till date.But yes,I did have some special inclination towards violin and other stringed instruments in general(Veena,Mandolin and Sarod being the other favourites).I have never been a follower of english music, which is where the guitar is used heavily and so never gave any importance to actually hearing it.Although, our Indian movies also have adopted it in a big way in recent times.

When I went with
josh to the guitar class where he was getting himself admitted,I heard for the first time,the instrument being played there,live.The tutor was playing a hindi song and I was bowled over.Guitar,then became my obvious choice and I joined classes last week.As of now,I am just playing the open strings and already, it feels good.Can't wait for the day when I can play all those hindi songs that I have just been humming all these years.Till then,I shall keep strumming.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dont tell lies...i know it was not the music that bowled you out...keerthi told me that its a fair gal, who bowled you out..come on krishna..u started ur leelas, there also??

Josh said...

not jus one gal, but two! jus as he had a dilemma on decidin the instrument he is findin it tuff to decide on the gal too ;-) dont worry kris. i ll help u eliminate. meaning, whtever is left after i pick, is yours. ;-)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

oh my gawd !!!! kris ... whatz this i hear ????