Tuesday, August 30, 2005

So far,so good

Pehla Nasha,Pehla Khumar... No,no, I have not fallen in love (I am generally scared of falling and the same holds even in case of 'falling in love').That was the alarm tone on my mobile that went off at 5.45 early(very very early for me)today morning.After much trepidation & self-cursing, managed to pull myself out of the bed.The reason why I was behaving like a masochist was because of an impulsive decision that I took yesterday.This decision was, courtesy my increasing waistline.You can compare its growth with the rate at which petrol prices are going up in Bangalore.And that is quite high for comfort(Literally in this case,as I found out my pants were getting tighter around my waist).So,I finally decided to do something about it.

The best and the cost-effective way,I thought,to acheive this would be - jogging.
I called up one of my friends in the night yesterday and told him about my decision.He seemed quite inspired and promised that he too would join me today.I found out,he was not all that inspired, for he did not turn up today morning.But not to be deterred by this,I upheld my decision and started out alone.Being the first day,I thought a brisk walk would be advisable rather starting jogging right away.At that, I clocked a good speed too.Then I made a mistake of over-estimating myself.Thought why not jog from day one - after all,that was my decision in the first place.
Its about time to sleep now and I am having quite a pain in my legs and knees.
But I am not going to give up so easily.In Swami Vivekananda's words, "Arise,awake and stop not till the goal is reached".So,I will arise and awake very very early(you know what time) every morning and jog till my goal is reached.

Its been "So far,so good".Only that "So far" here refers to only one day.But I really plan to go far tomorrow morning.The alarm is again set at 5.45 and the clock is ticking.Pehla Nasha,Pehla Khumar...

4 comments:

Josh said...

hogiddyeno ivattu beLagge'?!
yenu eega nidde' hoDeetha iddeeya? ondu call illa ivattu?

Ace of Spades said...

Well...I used to go to gym once upon a time. Did it for 3 straight years, with not so much change to my bloated anatomy. Then I heard a song that changed my life. It was Megadeth's "So far...so good...So what???"

Krishna said...

@Anup

Don't tell me.3 straight years??Either you were just paying a courtesy visit to the gym,or,if you did some serious excercise,your intake was way above what you burned inside the gym :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey guys ... i disagree w/ Anup ... reasons unexplained ...

and krishna ... belluge time yelli idhikella ???