Friday, July 10, 2009

Pot Pourri

************************************************************************************
"ಎಳ್ಳು ಬೀರಿದರೆ ಕೆಳಕ್ಕೆ ಬೀಳದ ಗುಂಪಿನ ಮಧ್ಯೆ..." - [In the context of describing a large gathering of people]
- For more of such imaginatively crafted lines.
- For the sheer audacity of the ideas expressed (especially, considering the time at which they were conceived).
- For the brilliant characterization.
- For the amazing clarity in portraying praneshacharya's confusion.

I would say, go read this book [I suggest though, read only the original in kannada].

************************************************************************************
I've probably discovered for myself, an alter ego. I with my kannada vocabulary, for my life, could have never written the previous poem !
And now, the guy simply goes missing...

************************************************************************************

Music, to me, all these years, has only been about the tune. I've never really cared about the lyrics part of it. As long as it had a decent enough tune, it has managed to come into my good books. But of late, for whatever reasons, I am concentrating on the words. Learning to focus, to get - lost, where ever they take me.

I am no devdas, but simply loved these two lines, from the song in New York :)
"तूने जो ना कहा, वो मैं सुन्ता रहा,
खामखाँ
, बेवज़ह., ख्वाब बुन्ता रहा !"
Wow!!!

No comments: